The following links are free or low-cost online sources. Witmer Tax & Financial Services, LLC, Roxanne Witmer-DeWitt, her staff and advisers are not endorsing any of the organizations, companies, or products.
FINANCIAL PLANNING/PERSONAL FINANCE
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER (CFP®)
Board of Standards information about CFP licensees and the financial-planning profession, including what it takes to become a CFP and tips on hoe to select a financial advisor.
- CNN MONEY. Sources for breaking business news, personal finance commentary, and planning tools.
- The Garrett Planning Network. An international network of independent financial advisors and planners offering hourly, as needed financial planning and advice to anyone regardless of income.
- Kiplinger Personal Finance. Timely personal finance advice and business forecasts; includes news, rates, calculators, quotes, columns, and advice on finance and business.
- Yahoo Finance. Financial news and commentary on U.S. and world markets, plus investment, loan, and insurance centers.
COLLEGES & FINANCIAL AID
- College Board Online
- The College Board Library. Student and parent information; college planning news, tools and resources.
Independent and objective information on different ways to save and pay for college; plenty of interactive tools.
- Xap.com. It's "Get Money" feature offers plenty of help in calculating and finding financial aid.
and MyVesta.org. Both offer general information on topics like debt and bankruptcy, overspending, credit repair, strategies for repaying debts, and debt collection.
- Nolo Law Center. The Wills and Estate Planning link provides access to plain-English articles on topics like estate-planning basics, living wills, funeral planning, and various other legal documents.
- Aging With Dignity. Ensure that your wished will be followed in the event of a serious illness, with the help of a Living Will and other documents. Discuss your wishes with your loved ones and your physician, and where to obtain resources for family caregivers; includes link to related items. Check out its "Five Wishes" brochure.
GOVERNMENT AND OTHER AGENCIES/ORGANIZATIONS
- Employee Benefit Research Institute. Non-profit, non-partisan organization committed to data dissemination, policy research, and education on economic security and employee benefits; check out its domestic-partner benefits fact sheet.
- FirstGov. The U.C. government's official Web portal with links to agencies, and information from the federal government.
- Legal Services Corporation. Click on Get Legal Services for a list of government-funded legal services available in your area for qualified individuals.
Home page for the largest electronic screen-based equity securities market in the United States; check out its Investor Tools section.
- New York Stock Exchange. Home page for the world's leading equities trading floor; check out its glossary of trading and stock terms.
- Securities and Exchange Commission. Federal agency that regulates and supervises securities markets; a wealth of free information and tutorials on money, finance, investing, regulations, corporate operations, and more (check out the online brochures); great links to EDGAR, the SEC database of filings by public companies.
Contact us for more information.
717-464-1958 | 271A Peach Bottom Rd.